Daily Student Health Screening Procedure
Updated August 24, 2020
For the health and safety of our entire school community, CHA staff will perform a COVID-19 symptom assessment of each student every day prior to entering the building. This procedure will have two steps:
1. Staff will perform a temperature check on each child as he/she exits the vehicle.
2. Staff will ask the responsible adult transporting the child if he/she is free of COVID symptoms.
Parents should evaluate their children each morning prior to leaving home for any one of the following COVID-19 symptoms that cannot be attributed to another health condition:
- Chills or fever (temperature of or above 100.4 F)
- Frequent cough
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- New loss of taste or smell
- Muscle aches, body aches (non-exercise related)
- Congestion or runny nose
- Sore throat
- Nausea or vomiting
- NEW – Abdominal pain
An ill child should not come to school. Should you have questions or need clarification on matters related to this procedure, please contact CHA and ask to speak to the Health Services Coordinator or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Feel free to print out the poster below for quick home reference!