“Invest in Kids” Scholarship Program
Don’t miss out on this opportunity to get a State tax credit and direct your Illinois state tax dollars to help families attend CHA! All CHA families and friends are encouraged to consider accessing this excellent program that allows for support of scholarship for CHA-bound families and allows you to save money on your tax return. It’s a win-win!
CHA is a qualified school within Region 1 of the program and partners with the Children’s Tuition Fund of Illinois through the Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI). This is our “Scholarship Granting Organization” (SGO). Contributions made now will allow scholarships to be granted for the coming school year. Currently we have more than 70 applicants for the program and have only received contributions sufficient to fund three (3) awards.
If you have any questions on how to participate in the Invest in Kids program, see the step by step instructions below. Please feel free to contact Tim Dinkelman at (847) 446-5252 with any questions you may have. Also, please consult the Frequently Asked Questions page on the Illinois Department of Revenue website. To learn more about this program, please scroll down to see the original post with links to apply.
Thanks for your continued support and partnership with CHA. Continue reading for additional detailed information on how to participate in the program.
The following information provides step by step information on how to participate in the Invest in Kids program.
How Invest in Kids Works
In summary, there are four steps:
- Obtain a “My Tax Illinois” account (this takes seven to ten days).
- Request a tax credit authorization in the amount that fits your circumstances. This might be $100, $1000, or even $10,000 (this authorization is usually issued almost immediately).
- Send a check for your credit amount to the Children’s Tuition Fund at the Association of Christian Schools International.
- Claim your credit, which will equal 75% of your contribution, on your Illinois state tax return.
Now for the details…
Credits are limited, apply today.
Once the maximum tax credits are reserved each year, the program is closed by the Illinois Department of Revenue. This scholarship program could help CHA grow enrollment and allow you to receive a tax credit on your Illinois tax liability.
Please follow the steps below and click the links in each step for supporting information:
- You will need a LETTER ID and ACTIVATE your MyTax Illinois account to claim your tax credits. The video below will also walk you through this process.
- Once you receive your Letter ID and Activate your account, you’ll need to REQUEST your tax contribution credits on MyTax Illinois.
- Once you reserve your tax credits, you will fund your CONTRIBUTION to the Children’s Tuition Fund of Illinois (ACSI’s Scholarship Granting Organization).
There is still time! Please contact Tim Dinkelman, 847 446-5252, for information, or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.