Thursday, May 6, 2021
7:30 – 8:30 AM
Chicago Prayer Breakfast (virtual; guest speaker Dr. Hertzberg)
12:30 – 1:00 PM
CHA Prayer for our Nation (virtual; Zoom link in CHA Central email)
3:20 – 3:45 PM
CHA Carpool Prayer (consider leading your child/children in praying for our country as you drive home from school)
Thursday, May 6, 2021, is the 70th anniversary of the National Day of Prayer in our country. For seven decades, American Presidents have called our people to pray for our great nation on a designated day, in recent decades the first Thursday of May. May we never take that for granted. I hope that we all might personally participate in this specially designated day.
This year, the CHA family is invited to join us in prayer at the times outlined above.
There is so much to pray for in our land and many hearts are heavy in these days. However, we know that with our God nothing is impossible and He hears when His people pray.
Please see a guided outline below for ways to pray or consider visiting the National Day of Prayer website for further ideas.
Our nation is in a perilous spiritual crisis. If the church does not rise up, our future may look very different than what we are hoping for. May we pray together with passion and urgency.
In preparation for Thursday, please take some time to confess anything either personally or on behalf of our school or country that might be hindering the LORD from hearing our prayers.
-Lynne Hertzberg, on behalf of the CHA PVO Prayer Team
Prayer Suggestions for Major Spheres of Influence in our Nation
- Spiritual awakening and revival
- Powerful preaching and passionate prayer to come from every church in our land
- Scripture to be foremost authority in every church
- Wisdom and discernment
- Integrity and honesty
- Character and steadfastness
- Seek God for guidance and direction
- Honest and truthful reporting
- Discernment amongst people to know what is true
- Fair and unbiased investigations
COURTS OF OUR LAND
- Righteous and just judges
- Justice for those wronged
- Truth to prevail in every courtroom of this land
- A return to teaching what is true and right
- Expectation for excellence
- Integrity amongst boards and school leaders
- Integrity and wisdom for business leaders
- Integrity, hard work and loyalty amongst employees
MILITARY AND POLICE
- Courage and dependence on God
- Perseverance to endure hardship
- Divine protection from the enemy
- Wise leaders who inspire respect from those under their command
- Unity and love within families
- A return to family values
- Strong marriages