Happy New Year!
As we look ahead to a new year, I would like to take a moment to give thanks to God and to you, our school community, for all the good that has taken place this past year at Christian Heritage Academy.
First, my wife Lynne and I thank you for your prayers and caring support during this past year. By God’s grace and through your prayers, our Lord saved my life, restoring me to health and strength. For this miracle we give Him all the praise!
We thank God for His grace and abundant provision in 2018. Just to name a few examples, I am thankful for:
- a faithful, Christ-centered praying community, and especially for a new awakening in our prayer meetings, which have experienced record attendance and have been accompanied by miraculous answers to prayers for many in our community.
- all of our teachers and staff that are excellent in their craft, devoted men and women of outstanding character and faith who are role models for our children.
- all our new families, and the blessing of a healthy enrollment increase this year.
- our first-ever Homecoming, a rich celebration of our community, including many alumni who returned to celebrate with us. With Spirit Week, Homecoming Chapel, an alumni reception, family fun, athletic events and a Homecoming Dance for our upper school, our school spirit reached a new high.
- your generosity and the outpouring of gifts during our recent Coinucopia fundraiser, which exceeded our stretch goal of $100,000 toward our water and wellness projects.
- our new enrichment programs that help to educate the whole child, from new summer camps, to intramural sports programs for grades 1-5, a speech and debate team, technology clubs and the new Cantate choir (Grades 1-3) – all thanks to our faithful staff and parent volunteers.
- our students’ academic achievements which have earned us a #1 Christian high school ranking in the state of Illinois
- our students’ growth in character and godliness
- our rich heritage in faith, as we celebrate 35 years of God’s faithfulness to CHA in our mission to equip life-long learners and lifetime followers of Christ.
As we look ahead to 2019, we will continue to grow from our school year’s scripture, Mark 12:30-31, “loving God and loving others.”
- In addition, I am grateful that the Lord has provided the resources to review our curriculum and to hire an Academic Dean. We have begun a national search for this role which will help us to continue to raise the level of excellence in our academics for the long term, strengthening our foundations in elementary grades as well as preparation for high school and college.
- I am pleased to announce that we will have a very special keynote speaker at our Spring Benefit – Dr. Wayne Grudem, prominent evangelical theologian, seminary professor, author, and a founding board member and parent of CHA – as we continue to celebrate our 35th anniversary.
I am most grateful for your partnership as we together raise the next generation to love the Lord supremely, to love our neighbor as ourselves, and to do all things with excellence for the glory of God. With gratitude and great anticipation, I wish you and your family a blessed New Year.