Susannah Wesley was the mother of 19 children, including John (who with his brother founded the Methodist Church and Charles Wesley (known for writing 6000+ hymns). Through much adversity, she dedicated her life to instilling a sense of Christian Destiny into each of her children. Her children went on to change the world. CHA parents – what are your rules for raising your children?
1. Subdue self-will in a child and thus work together with God to save his soul.
2. Teach each one to pray as soon as he can speak.
3. Give them nothing that they cry for and only that which they ask for politely.
4. To prevent lying, punish no fault which is first confessed and repented of.
5. Never allow a sinful act to go unpunished.
6. Never punish a child twice for the same offense.
7. Commend and reward good behavior. Any attempt to please, even if poorly performed, should be appreciated.
8. Preserve property rights even if in the smallest matters.
9. Strictly observe all promises.