The “Invest in Kids” scholarship program helps CHA grow enrollment and allows you to receive a tax credit on your Illinois tax liability. It’s a win-win!
The entire process takes approximately 1 hour of your time, spread over a few days. Learn how to participate by following the step by step instructions below.
If you have questions about Invest in Kids program, contact Tim Dinkelman or Robb Hansen at (847) 446-5252. They will be happy to walk you through the process.
Receive a State Tax Credit and
Direct your Illinois State Tax Dollars to Help Families Attend CHA
How The Process Works:
- Set up a “My Tax Illinois” account. The State of Illinois will send you confirmation of your account in 7-10 days.
- Once confirmation is received, you will be able to request a tax credit authorization in the amount that fits your circumstances. This might be $100, $1000, or even $10,000 (this authorization is usually issued almost immediately).
- Send a check for your credit amount to the Children’s Tuition Fund at the Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)
- ACSI will distribute money for scholarships to the school that you selected.
- Claim your credit, which will equal 75% of your contribution, on your Illinois state tax return.
- Request a LETTER ID from the State of Illinois and ACTIVATE your MyTax Illinois account.
- After receiving your Letter ID and activating your account, REQUEST your tax contribution credits on MyTax Illinois.
- After receiving your tax credits, send your CONTRIBUTION to the Children’s Tuition Fund of Illinois (ACSI’s Scholarship Granting Organization).
If you have any questions please contact Tim Dinkelman, Vice President of Finance and Operations.
Credits are Limited – Apply Today!
Once the maximum tax credits are reserved each year, the program is closed by the Illinois Department of Revenue. Don’t miss the opportunity to receive a state tax credit and direct your Illinois state tax dollars to help families attend CHA!
The time to act is now! Please contact Tim Dinkelman or Robb Hansen at (847) 446-5252, for information, or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.