The “Invest in Kids” scholarship program helps CHA grow enrollment and allows you to receive a tax credit on your Illinois tax liability. It’s a win-win!
The entire process takes approximately 1 hour of your time, spread over a few days. Learn how to participate by following the step by step instructions below.
If you have questions about Invest in Kids program, contact Robb Hansen at (847) 446-5252 who will be happy to walk you through the process.
Receive a State Tax Credit and
Direct your Illinois State Tax Dollars to Help Families Attend CHA
How The Process Works:
- Set up a “My Tax Illinois” account. The State of Illinois will send you confirmation of your account in 7-10 days.
- Once confirmation is received, you will be able to request a tax credit authorization in the amount that fits your circumstances. This might be $100, $1000, or even $10,000 (this authorization is usually issued almost immediately).
- Send a check for your credit amount to the Children’s Tuition Fund at the Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)
- ACSI will distribute money for scholarships to the school that you selected.
- Claim your credit, which will equal 75% of your contribution, on your Illinois state tax return.
- REGISTER for a myTaxID account from the State of Illinois to activate your MyTax Illinois account and receive a letter ID.
- After receiving your Letter ID and activating your account, RESERVE your tax contribution credits on MyTax Illinois.
- After receiving your tax credit confirmation, CONTRIBUTE to the Children’s Tuition Fund of Illinois (ACSI’s Scholarship Granting Organization) and designate Christian Heritage Academy as your selected school.
Credits are Limited – Apply Today!
Once the maximum tax credits are reserved each year, the program is closed by the Illinois Department of Revenue. Don’t miss the opportunity to receive a state tax credit and direct your Illinois state tax dollars to help families attend CHA!
The time to act is now! Please contact Robb Hansen at (847) 446-5252, for information.