The “Invest in Kids” scholarship program helps CHA grow enrollment and allows you to receive a tax credit on your Illinois tax liability. It’s a win-win!
The entire process takes approximately 1 hour of your time, spread over a few days. Learn how to participate by following the step by step instructions below.
If you have questions about Invest in Kids program, contact Tim Dinkelman or Robb Hansen at (847) 446-5252. They will be happy to walk you through the process.
How The Process Works
In order to receive a state tax credit for the 2020 tax year and direct your Illinois state tax dollars to help families attend CHA, you will need to:
- Obtain a “My Tax Illinois” account (this takes seven to ten days).
- Request a tax credit authorization in the amount that fits your circumstances. This might be $100, $1000, or even $10,000 (this authorization is usually issued almost immediately).
- Send a check for your credit amount to the Children’s Tuition Fund at the Association of Christian Schools International.
- Claim your credit, which will equal 75% of your contribution, on your Illinois state tax return.
Action Steps and Supporting Information
Please follow these steps and reach out if you have any questions:
- You will need a LETTER ID and ACTIVATE your MyTax Illinois account to claim your tax credits.
- Once you receive your Letter ID and Activate your account, you’ll need to REQUEST your tax contribution credits on MyTax Illinois.
- Once you reserve your tax credits, you will fund your CONTRIBUTION to the Children’s Tuition Fund of Illinois (ACSI’s Scholarship Granting Organization).
Credits are Limited; Apply Today
Once the maximum tax credits are reserved each year, the program is closed by the Illinois Department of Revenue. Don’t miss the opportunity to receive a state tax credit and direct your Illinois state tax dollars to help families attend CHA!
The time to act is now! Please contact Tim Dinkelman or Robb Hansen at (847) 446-5252, for information, or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.