“Invest in Kids” Scholarship Program
Act now to receive an Illinois tax credit!
Don’t miss the opportunity to receive a state tax credit and direct your Illinois state tax dollars to help families attend CHA! Saving on your taxes AND funding scholarships for CHA. It’s a win-win!
The entire process takes approximately 1 hour of your time, spread over a few days. Learn how to participate by following the step by step instructions below.
If you have questions about Invest in Kids program, contact Tim Dinkelman or Robb Hansen at (847) 446-5252. They will be happy to walk you through the process.
The following provides step-by-step information on how to participate in the Invest in Kids program.
How Invest in Kids Works
In summary, there are four steps you can take now that will apply for the 2020 tax year:
- Obtain a “My Tax Illinois” account (this takes seven to ten days).
- Request a tax credit authorization in the amount that fits your circumstances. This might be $100, $1000, or even $10,000 (this authorization is usually issued almost immediately).
- Send a check for your credit amount to the Children’s Tuition Fund at the Association of Christian Schools International.
- Claim your credit, which will equal 75% of your contribution, on your Illinois state tax return.
Now for the details…
Credits are limited, apply today.
Once the maximum tax credits are reserved each year, the program is closed by the Illinois Department of Revenue. This scholarship program could help CHA grow enrollment and allow you to receive a tax credit on your Illinois tax liability.
Please follow the steps below and click the links in each step for supporting information:
- You will need a LETTER ID and ACTIVATE your MyTax Illinois account to claim your tax credits. The video below will also walk you through this process.
- Once you receive your Letter ID and Activate your account, you’ll need to REQUEST your tax contribution credits on MyTax Illinois.
- Once you reserve your tax credits, you will fund your CONTRIBUTION to the Children’s Tuition Fund of Illinois (ACSI’s Scholarship Granting Organization).
The time to act is now! Please contact Tim Dinkelman or Robb Hansen at 847 446-5252, for information, or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.