LOCATION: Chicago and surrounding communities
SERVICE DATES: November 13-17, 2023
ESTIMATED COST: $75
PARTNER MINISTRIES: a variety of organizations serving people with disabilities
During GO! Week 2023, all Middle School students will learn about the needs of and lovingly serve people with disabilities in Chicagoland. All US students who do not attend another GO! Week trip (international or out-of-state) will also serve in Chicagoland.
With a hybrid approach of on-campus learning and group-building, teams will then have daily excursions to local ministries to both learn from and partner with them in various service projects. Group leaders will guide students in both personal reflections and small group discussions on the experiences, seeking to identify and apply the lessons that God is teaching them.
The $75 fee will be charged to the students’ FACTS account in the fall. Scholarships are available on a case-by-case basis by reaching out to Mrs. Sandi Decker.
Trip chaperones will consist of CHA faculty and staff members.
Questions? Contact Mr. Brennan Bowman, Student Discipleship Coordinator.
- ______: Registration Opens
- ????? May 2: Parent Info Meeting (On Zoom) Zoom Link
- ????? May 8 and 15: Support Letter Writing Party and Fundraiser Planning at lunch in the Loft; snacks and some supplies included; sign up HERE.
- ????? September 1: Sign up deadline and $100 deposit due (this non-refundable deposit goes to the cost of the trip)
- ????? September 12, October 17, November 4: Team Meetings (locations and times TBD)
- ????? October 24: Full remaining cost due
- November 12-17: GO! to Kansas City
This price includes:
- Ministry costs
- Local transportation costs
- … any lunches? or brought from home all 5 days?