Christian Heritage Academy
To apply for any open positions at CHA, please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com, being certain to include a personal statement regarding your faith in Jesus Christ. For teaching positions, please also tell us how you would integrate faith and learning in a classroom teaching environment. Ideal candidates must also demonstrate the ability to incorporate Instructional Technology into the teaching and learning experience. General requirements for all teaching positions are listed at the bottom of this page.
OPENINGS FOR THE 2018-2019 SCHOOL YEAR
Middle School Science Teacher (Full-time)
Must hold a Professional Educator License (PEL) with a Middle School endorsement in General Science, and be willing to pursue certification through the Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI).
Armed Security Officer for Christian School (Immediate Opening, Temporary)
This is a temporary position through the end of the school year with the possibility of being rehired permanently in mid-August. In addition to a personal faith in Christ Jesus, prospective candidates must have a minimum of 3 years in law enforcement or security management, preferably in a school setting and must hold a current Illinois Concealed Carry License to carry firearms in the school. The Security Manager will primarily be responsible for security patrol as well as the development and implementation of all Safety/Security/Emergency drills, training, procedures and manuals.
Interested candidates must submit both a resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, being certain to include a personal statement regarding personal faith in Jesus Christ. Candidates must also outline steps in building a comprehensive Safety/Security/Emergency program in a school environment. Resumes submitted without these items will not be considered. The hourly rate for this position is between $23-$25, depending on experience.
1. Follower of Jesus Christ, who seeks to live all of life under His Lordship.
2. Demonstrated heart for the mission of Christian Heritage Academy and the advancement of Christian education.
3. Bachelor’s degree in law enforcement or security management preferred. Substantial college coursework in Criminal Justice or Security Management is required.
4. A minimum of 3 years in law enforcement, security or emergency management is required. Experience in a school environment preferred.
5. Must hold a current Illinois Concealed Carry License (Federal H.R. 218 Certified) to carry firearms in the school.
6. Ability to communicate effectively both in written and verbal forms.
7. Demonstrate strong problem solving and decision making skills.
8. Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills, including the ability to maintain a courteous and respectful attitude in all situations.
9. Proficient in Google Drive and Microsoft Office products.
10. An ability to maintain discretion and absolute confidentiality in all matters.
11. The ability and desire to work independently and in a team-oriented, solution-driven environment.
1. Ability to lift a minimum of 50 pounds without assistance.
2. Ability to walk throughout the school and outside the grounds in all types of weather conditions.
3. Ability to stand for long periods of time.
4. Ability to squat, stoop or kneel, reach above the head and reach forward.
5. Ability to sit in front of a computer screen for an extended period of time.
6. Ability to ride a bicycle.
7. Ability to go up and down stairs.
8. Ability to restrain individuals, when necessary.
Custodian/Space Sharing Supervisor, part-time (6-14 non school hours)
This proactive individual will oversee space sharers on site and monitor the school building. There will be cleaning duties and occasional lifting or moving requirements. Prospective candidates must have a basic understanding of the building’s lighting, security, plumbing and HVAC systems to troubleshoot in the event of a malfunction or power outage. Hours are:
Sundays, generally 2-8 pm
Saturdays occasionally, starting at 3 pm (will know schedule on Wednesdays)
Weekdays after 3 pm on an emergency basis
Candidate must be a Christian and a legal resident or United States citizen. Please call Bo Jancewicz, Director of Building and Grounds at 847-446-5252 for more information.
REQUIREMENTS FOR TEACHERS AT CHA
Simply stated, Christian Heritage Academy seeks to staff our school with experienced professionals who love the Lord, love children, and love learning. In addition to holding State of Illinois teaching certification and ACSI certification. we seek “Living Curriculum Teachers” who fulfill the following requirements:
- Follower of Jesus Christ, who seeks to live all of life under His Lordship.
- Spiritual maturity, with academic and leadership abilities that will enable him/her to teach all truth as God’s truth.
- Demonstrated heart for the mission of Christian Heritage Academy and the advancement of Christian education.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- Minimum of 2-3 years of relevant classroom/teaching/youth experience.
- Demonstrated leadership and innovation in an educational environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- An ability to maintain discretion and absolute confidentiality.
- The ability and desire to work in a team-oriented environment in a supportive, transparent, and solution-driven fashion.