Christian Heritage Academy
To apply for any open positions at CHA, please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com, being certain to include a personal statement regarding your faith in Jesus Christ. For teaching positions, please also tell us how you would integrate faith and learning in a classroom teaching environment. Ideal candidates must also demonstrate the ability to incorporate Instructional Technology into the teaching and learning experience. General requirements for all teaching positions are listed at the bottom of this page.
Part-time Preschool Teacher Assistant, M-F 8:00 AM-12:30 PM, beginning January 2019 The teacher assistant faithfully commits to assist the preschool teacher in accomplishing the philosophy, objectives and mission of the school to its student and parent community. Qualified candidates will have a vibrant growing faith and experience working with young children. Bachelor’s degree preferred. This is a non-benefits eligible position with a pay rate of $11.00 per hour.
Part-Time Marketing Intern (Unpaid) Join our Marketing and Communications team, hours are flexible, 10 hours a week that can be mutually arranged. This position is ideal for college students or recent graduates with a major in Marketing, Advertising, Communications, Media, Journalism and Language. The intern will gain broad experience in various stages of print and online marketing campaigns and communications as well as develop leadership, technology, and communications skills in a fast paced and highly supportive environment.
- Write compelling online content.
- Provide support in digital and social media campaigns and analyses.
- Assist in creation and distribution of marketing communications.
- Collaborate with other departments in the Academy.
- Demonstrated commitment to the Christian faith as outlined in the Academy’s Statement of Faith and to our mission and values.
- Strong copywriting skills with an advanced understanding of grammar and the ability to write in a variety of styles and tones.
- Knowledge and understanding of social media marketing.
- Proficiency in MS Office and Google Drive.
- Understanding of SEO and SEM.
- Experience with WordPress content management, HTML and CSS.
Please send resume and a cover letter with your testimony, as well as link to a portfolio of your work (if available), to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Lunchroom and Recess Supervisor – Consider serving the school in the lunchroom while earning some extra money! Available shift: MWF. Hours are 11:15 AM-1:15 PM; stipend is $25 per day. Please contact Linda Ng or May Gruia at 847-446-5252 if you are interested.
REQUIREMENTS FOR TEACHERS AT CHA
Simply stated, Christian Heritage Academy seeks to staff our school with experienced professionals who love the Lord, love children, and love learning. In addition to holding State of Illinois teaching certification and ACSI certification. we seek “Living Curriculum Teachers” who fulfill the following requirements:
- Follower of Jesus Christ, who seeks to live all of life under His Lordship.
- Spiritual maturity, with academic and leadership abilities that will enable him/her to teach all truth as God’s truth.
- Demonstrated heart for the mission of Christian Heritage Academy and the advancement of Christian education.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- Minimum of 2-3 years of relevant classroom/teaching/youth experience.
- Demonstrated leadership and innovation in an educational environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- An ability to maintain discretion and absolute confidentiality.
- The ability and desire to work in a team-oriented environment in a supportive, transparent, and solution-driven fashion.