Christian Heritage Academy
To apply for any open positions at CHA, please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, being certain to include a personal statement regarding your faith in Jesus Christ. For teaching positions, please also tell us how you would integrate faith and learning in a classroom teaching environment. Ideal candidates must also demonstrate the ability to incorporate Instructional Technology into the teaching and learning experience. General requirements for all teaching positions are listed at the bottom of this page.
Director of Admissions (Full-time) – Seeking an experienced admissions professional to lead our student recruitment efforts. The Director of Admissions is a strategic thinker and leader, and manages all processes and systems related to the admissions and enrollment process. The successful candidate possesses excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and has strong experience in organizing and leading teams, particularly related to admissions efforts.
Applicant must have a demonstrated commitment to the Christian faith and have a heart for the advancement and development of Christian education and the mission of Christian Heritage Academy. Please submit both a resume and cover letter, being certain to include a personal testimony regarding faith in Jesus Christ.
Academic Dean (Full-time) – Immediate opening for the Academic Dean position. The Academic Dean is responsible for providing leadership in the ongoing planning, development, evaluation, selection and implementation of curriculum, instructional programs and assessment to enhance student achievement and instructional excellence. The Academic Dean has a growing relationship with Christ, is excellent in his/her field, and capable of inspiring students to reach their God-given potential. He/She works closely with the Principal in planning, designing and providing curricular oversight and professional development to teachers.
Qualified candidates must submit a resume and cover letter, being certain to include a personal statement regarding faith in Jesus Christ and explain biblical integration in a classroom teaching environment.
- A demonstrated commitment to the Christian faith as outlined in the Academy’s Statement of Faith and active participation in a local church congregation.
- A demonstrated heart for the advancement and development of Christian education and the Mission of Christian Heritage Academy.
- A master’s degree or higher in educational leadership, curriculum and instruction, or related field.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in classroom teaching.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a supervisory role in curriculum, instruction and assessment.
- Proficient knowledge of traditional, classical and homeschooling education models; experience in block scheduling preferred.
- Knowledge of current federal and state educational laws, and school board policies and requirements.
- An ability to maintain discretion and absolute confidentiality in all matters.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks and strict deadlines.
- Ability to maintain a courteous and respectful attitude in all situations; desire and ability to work in a team-oriented environment in a collaborative, transparent and solution-driven fashion.
- Proficiency in Google Drive, Microsoft Office programs and other applicable software.
- Must have demonstrated ability in the following areas:
Delegation and supervision
Verbal and written communications
Full-Time Preschool Teacher (2019-20 School Year) Must have a Bachelor’s degree in Elementary or Early Childhood Education, with a PEL with endorsement for Early Childhood Education preferred.
Full-Time Third Grade Teacher (2019-20 School Year) – Must hold a PEL with an endorsement in Early Childhood or Elementary Education and be willing to pursue certification through ACSI. Experience in Classical Education preferred.
Part-Time Marketing Intern (Unpaid) – Join our Marketing and Communications team, hours are flexible, 10 hours a week that can be mutually arranged. This position is ideal for college students or recent graduates with a major in Marketing, Advertising, Communications, Media, Journalism and Language. The intern will gain broad experience in various stages of print and online marketing campaigns and communications as well as develop leadership, technology, and communications skills in a fast paced and highly supportive environment.
- Write compelling online content.
- Provide support in digital and social media campaigns and analyses.
- Assist in creation and distribution of marketing communications.
- Collaborate with other departments in the Academy.
- Demonstrated commitment to the Christian faith as outlined in the Academy’s Statement of Faith and to our mission and values.
- Strong copywriting skills with an advanced understanding of grammar and the ability to write in a variety of styles and tones.
- Knowledge and understanding of social media marketing.
- Proficiency in MS Office and Google Drive.
- Understanding of SEO and SEM.
- Experience with WordPress content management, HTML and CSS.
Please send resume and a cover letter with your testimony, as well as link to a portfolio of your work (if available), to email@example.com.
Summer Camp Counselor, Part-time, 25 hours per week (5 weeks summer camp) Seeking proactive, responsible and conscientious camp counselors for our interactive, nurturing camp experience for early learners this summer. STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art and Math) Camp is designed for ages 5-8 and STEAM-y Adventures is designed for preschoolers ages 3-4. Counselors must be committed to all set dates/times below:
Pre-camp mandatory training
8:30 PM- 1:30 PM, June 12 & 13 (Wednesday & Thursday)
Monday-Friday, 8:30 AM-1:30 PM (no camp the week of July 1), including:
Week 1 – June 17-21
Week 2 – June 24-28
Week 3 – July 8-12
Week 4 – July 15-19
Week 5 – July 22-26
Post-camp clean-up day:
8:30 AM-1:30 PM, July 29 (Monday)
Qualified candidates must have completed high school and have a vibrant growing faith. College courses in education, child development, or previous experience working in a camp setting or with groups of children preferred. The hourly wage is $11.
To apply: submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, being certain to include your personal testimony in Jesus Christ, tell us why you want to work for the STEAM camp and describe any relevant experience.
REQUIREMENTS FOR TEACHERS AT CHA
Simply stated, Christian Heritage Academy seeks to staff our school with experienced professionals who love the Lord, love children, and love learning. In addition to holding State of Illinois teaching certification and ACSI certification. we seek “Living Curriculum Teachers” who fulfill the following requirements:
- Follower of Jesus Christ, who seeks to live all of life under His Lordship.
- Spiritual maturity, with academic and leadership abilities that will enable him/her to teach all truth as God’s truth.
- Demonstrated heart for the mission of Christian Heritage Academy and the advancement of Christian education.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- Minimum of 2-3 years of relevant classroom/teaching/youth experience.
- Demonstrated leadership and innovation in an educational environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- An ability to maintain discretion and absolute confidentiality.
- The ability and desire to work in a team-oriented environment in a supportive, transparent, and solution-driven fashion.