EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES AT CHA
Established in 1984, Christian Heritage Academy (CHA) was founded on the firm foundation of Jesus Christ. Our Mission Statement commends us to provide an “exemplary education” and to equip students “to be lifetime followers of Jesus Christ.” This is the impetus for all we do at CHA. Our dedicated, spiritually mature employees view their work as an investment in the lives of the next generation for God’s kingdom.
CHA, a preschool through 12th grade, college preparatory school, is accredited by the Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI), recognized by the Illinois State Board of Education (ISBE), and ranked #1 Christian high school in Illinois and #8 for private K-12 school in Illinois by Niche.com. We seek to employ experienced and highly qualified, Living Curriculum Teachers and Staff to join our Christ-centered, prayer driven supportive team! To indicate your interest in any of the open positions listed below, please submit your resume, cover letter and a personal statement regarding your faith in Jesus Christ, to the Human Resources office.
General Requirements for All Positions:
- Follower of Jesus Christ, who seeks to live all of life under His Lordship.
- Spiritual maturity, with academic and leadership abilities that will enable him/her to teach all truth as God’s truth.
- Demonstrated heart for the mission of Christian Heritage Academy and the advancement of Christian education.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field.
- Minimum of 2-3 years of relevant experience.
- Demonstrated leadership and innovation in an educational environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- An ability to maintain discretion and absolute confidentiality.
- The ability and desire to work in a team-oriented environment in a supportive, transparent, and solution-driven fashion.
Immediate Opening (full-time)
The Academic Dean is responsible for providing leadership in the ongoing planning, development, evaluation, selection and implementation of curriculum, instructional programs and assessment to enhance student achievement and instructional excellence. The Academic Dean has a growing relationship with Christ, is excellent in his/her field, and capable of inspiring students to reach their God-given potential. He/She works closely with the Principal in planning, designing and providing curricular oversight and professional development to teachers.
Qualified candidates must submit a resume and cover letter, being certain to include a personal statement regarding faith in Jesus Christ and explain biblical integration in a classroom teaching environment.
- A demonstrated commitment to the Christian faith as outlined in the Academy’s Statement of Faith and active participation in a local church congregation.
- A demonstrated heart for the advancement and development of Christian education and the Mission of Christian Heritage Academy.
- A master’s degree or higher in educational leadership, curriculum and instruction, or related field.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in classroom teaching.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a supervisory role in curriculum, instruction and assessment.
- Proficient knowledge of traditional, classical and homeschooling education models; experience in block scheduling preferred.
- Knowledge of current federal and state educational laws, and school board policies and requirements.
- An ability to maintain discretion and absolute confidentiality in all matters.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks and strict deadlines.
- Ability to maintain a courteous and respectful attitude in all situations; desire and ability to work in a team-oriented environment in a collaborative, transparent and solution-driven fashion.
- Proficiency in Google Drive, Microsoft Office programs and other applicable software.
- Must have demonstrated ability in the following areas:
- Spiritual leadership
- Educational administration
- Delegation and supervision
- Interpersonal relationships
- Verbal and written communications
- Public relations
Pay rate: $12.50 per hour
Christian Heritage Academy Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
In keeping with its equal employment opportunity legal requirements, Christian Heritage Academy will not discriminate against any person in employment because of legally protected classifications such as race, color, national origin or sex. Christian Heritage Academy provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, gender, national origin, age, disability, or other legally protected classifications under applicable federal, state and local legal protections. This policy applies to all terminations and conditions of employment, including hiring, placement, promotions, terminations, layoffs, leaves of absences, compensation and training. Please note that Christian Heritage Academy is legally allowed to make religion-based decisions in its employment practices, in order to fulfill its religious mission. All employee positions are critical to fulfillment of this mission. Consequently, Christian Heritage Academy expects all employees to live out the Biblical standards as set forth in the Employee Handbook and otherwise as interpreted by the Christian Heritage Academy leadership. Among other things, this means that Christian Heritage Academy may take employment-related action against an employee based on his or her noncompliance with the religious beliefs, policies, and practices of Christian Heritage Academy, including employment termination. In addition, Christian Heritage Academy may refuse to hire applicants based on their religious beliefs and practices. Any decisions made by Christian Heritage Academy regarding application of its religious standards for all employees shall be final and not subject to any court or other government tribunal review, based on Christian Heritage Academy ’s legally protected religious freedoms.