Established in 1984, Christian Heritage Academy (CHA) was founded on the firm foundation of Jesus Christ. Our Mission Statement commends us to provide an “exemplary education” and to equip students “to be lifetime followers of Jesus Christ.” This is the impetus for all we do at CHA. Our dedicated, spiritually mature employees view their work as an investment in the lives of the next generation for God’s kingdom.
CHA, a preschool through Grade 12, college preparatory school, is accredited by the Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI), recognized by the Illinois State Board of Education (ISBE), and ranked #1 Christian high school in Illinois and #10 private K-12 school in Illinois by Niche.com. We seek to employ experienced and highly qualified, Living Curriculum Teachers and Staff to join our Christ-centered, prayer driven supportive team! To indicate your interest in any of the open positions listed below, please submit your resume, cover letter and personal testimony regarding your faith in Jesus Christ, to the Human Resources office.
General Requirements for All Positions:
- Follower of Jesus Christ, who seeks to live all of life under His Lordship.
- Spiritual maturity, with academic and leadership abilities that will enable him/her to teach all truth as God’s truth.
- A demonstrated commitment to the Christian faith as outlined in the Academy’s Statement of Faith and active participation in a local church congregation.
- A demonstrated heart for the advancement and development of Christian education and the mission of Christian Heritage Academy.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field.
- Minimum of 2-3 years of classroom teaching or relevant experience.
- Demonstrated leadership and innovation in an educational environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to maintain a courteous and respectful attitude in all situations.
- An ability to maintain discretion and absolute confidentiality.
- The ability and desire to work in a team-oriented environment in a supportive, transparent, and solution-driven fashion.
- All teaching candidates must be willing to pursue certification through ACSI (Association of Christian Schools International).
Apply Now for the 2020-21 School Year
To apply, please submit a letter (or email) of interest to email@example.com along with your resume (if one is available).
Currently Open Positions
Lunchtime Supervisor (M-F 11:15 AM – 1:30 PM)
Immediate openings for attentive lunchtime supervisors to keep our lunchroom and playground safe for our students. Candidates must be able to carry out logistical tasks and responsibilities efficiently, as well as contribute to a positive and safe environment through effective communication and interpersonal skills. The stipend is $30 per day. If you have any questions about this position, please email Cornelia Leonovich.
- Actively engage students in meeting clear behavior expectations in the lunchroom and on the playground/field. Ensure adherence of playground guidelines.
- Stay alert and attentive; maintain safety at all times. Move around to keep students in sight and socially distanced, and ensure all areas inside and outside are supervised.
- Carry out all logistical tasks and responsibilities efficiently and effectively. Ensure lunchroom is set up for lunchtime, tables and chairs are wiped down between shifts, and lunchroom is thoroughly cleaned after lunchtime.
- Contribute to a positive environment; demonstrate well-developed communication and interpersonal skills when interacting with all stakeholders, including other lunchtime staff.
- Report safety concerns and injuries to School Nurse, Lunchroom Coordinator, and Social Worker. Exhibit preparedness and leadership if injury occurs and follow accident reporting procedures if applicable.
- Adhere to the detailed schedule and facilitate the movements of student groups from one location to the other.
The role of a substitute teacher is to be a competent, temporary replacement for the classroom teacher. In addition to a personal faith in Jesus Christ, prospective candidates should hold a Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Education, and have experience working with children in an educational setting. Qualified candidates must be able to manage a classroom, actively engage with the students, and have a willingness to follow the plans established by the classroom teacher. The pay rate is $13.00 per hour.
Christian Heritage Academy Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
In keeping with its equal employment opportunity legal requirements, Christian Heritage Academy will not discriminate against any person in employment because of legally protected classifications such as race, color, national origin or sex. Christian Heritage Academy provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, gender, national origin, age, disability, or other legally protected classifications under applicable federal, state and local legal protections. This policy applies to all terminations and conditions of employment, including hiring, placement, promotions, terminations, layoffs, leaves of absences, compensation and training. Please note that Christian Heritage Academy is legally allowed to make religion-based decisions in its employment practices, in order to fulfill its religious mission. All employee positions are critical to fulfillment of this mission. Consequently, Christian Heritage Academy expects all employees to live out the Biblical standards as set forth in the Employee Handbook and otherwise as interpreted by the Christian Heritage Academy leadership. Among other things, this means that Christian Heritage Academy may take employment-related action against an employee based on his or her noncompliance with the religious beliefs, policies, and practices of Christian Heritage Academy, including employment termination. In addition, Christian Heritage Academy may refuse to hire applicants based on their religious beliefs and practices. Any decisions made by Christian Heritage Academy regarding application of its religious standards for all employees shall be final and not subject to any court or other government tribunal review, based on Christian Heritage Academy’s legally protected religious freedoms.