LOCATION: Kansas City, MO
TRIP DATES: November 12-17, 2023
PARTICIPANT CAPACITY: 10-22 students in Grades 10-12
PARTNER MINISTRY: City Service Mission
CHA students will serve with local organizations meeting community needs in the Kansas City under the guidance of City Service Mission. This will include efforts such as tutoring, helping with reading programs, or assisting at local food banks and shelters.
As CSM KC seeks to serve their city best, they have found a need to seek to understand both the beautiful and painful parts of Kansas City’s history and current events. They strive to understand their neighbors as they learn more about the things the locals are currently experiencing and how the city’s history has brought them to this place.
CSM invites you to come and prayerfully learn alongside them as they seek to serve their neighbors and further the work that God is already doing in the city through our numerous ministry partners as well as many others who are doing great work in Kansas City.
The $650 required payment (minus the $250 deposit) will be charged to student’s FACTS accounts in three equal monthly installments beginning in August. Scholarships are available on a case-by-case basis by reaching out to Mrs. Sandi Decker. Recipients may be requested to serve on several fundraisers leading up to the trip.
Trip chaperones will consist of two CHA faculty members.
Questions? Contact Mr. Brennan Bowman, Student Discipleship Coordinator.
- April 26: Registration Opens
- May 2 OR May 8 (choose one), 7:30 PM: Family Info Meeting (on Zoom; links on dates)
- May 8 and 15: Support Letter Writing Party and Fundraiser Planning at lunch in the Loft; snacks and some supplies included; sign up HERE
- May 19: Sign up deadline and $250 deposit* due (this non-refundable deposit goes to the cost of the trip)
- September 12, October 17, November 4: Team Meetings (locations and times TBD)
- November 12-17: GO! to Kansas City
* The balance of the trip (after the deposit) will be divided into 3 equal payments and charged to your FACTS account on August 1, September 1, and October 1.
This price includes:
- Ministry costs
- Car rental
- Chaperone costs
- Schedule a meeting or call with Mr. Bowman if you have concerns about the cost to talk about the options for fundraising, scholarship, or support letters.
- There are many people in your life that would love to help you go on this trip! Support letters are a way to invite grandparents, family friends, and neighbors to be a part of the mission trip even if they cannot go themselves. We have a letter template that you can use to send as a physical letter or via email to ask for prayer and financial support. It’s best to send your support letters in May, June, or July since you will have deadlines to keep for trip fees. Two Support Letter Writing Parties are scheduled for May 8th and 15th during lunch in the Loft to write letters and address envelopes before the end of the school year. The process is simple: gather addresses, edit and personalize the template, address and pack envelopes, send with a stamp or as an email.
- To plan student fundraisers for over the summer, and during the Fall semester, we will have a Fundraiser Planning Meeting over lunch on May 8th and 15th coinciding with Support Letter Writing to discuss and schedule for all those who are interested.