Homecoming 2023 Fall Fest
Friday, Sept. 22, 3:30-6:00 PM
Come One, Come All…Join us for CHA’s 2023 Homecoming!
Students, families, alumni, faculty, staff and friends: whether you are at CHA now, or have been with us in the past—please join us just after school for a fun-filled afternoon with the CHA family!
One wristband per person is required for:
- Dinner—your choice of smoked pulled pork, all-beef hot dog, or salad; chips; a drink; and your choice of kettle corn, a caramel apple, or an apple (gluten-free and peanut-free – we’ve got you covered!)
- Inflatable bounce house and obstacle course, corn hole, midway games, and kiddie games – something for everyone!
- Ages 9 and over – $20
- Ages 3-8 – $15
- Ages 0-2 – Free
No registration or wristband is necessary if you are only walking the grounds and/or only watching an athletic event.
Step right up—to lend a hand!!
This will be a fun-filled event, but we absolutely need volunteers to help make it possible. Ask a friend or spouse to join you in serving!
Student Life — Homecoming Week Activities
All-School Spirit Week
September 18 – 22
Spread the CHA spirit by wearing themed clothing each day of the week! Five Best Dressed awards (US and MS) will be given out by assigned faculty members each day.
Soccer Mom/BBQ Dad Day
Rhyme without Reason Day (find a friend or two to team up with and dress up as rhyming things…like bee/tree, snake/rake, etc.)
School Colors/CHA Day
LS Pep Rally
Wednesday, Sept. 20, 10:10-10:50 AM
US/MS Pep Rally
Friday, Sept. 22, 1:30-2:30 PM
We’ll rally for school spirit, and the Roary Trophy will be awarded after a week of US class competitions.
Thurs., Sept. 21, during Block 5
US students will parade around campus parking lots in their decorated cars, tossing candy to the MS and LL/EE students. Students must sign up to be in the parade (register here). Best decorated car(s) receive points for the spirit prize.
US Class Competitions
Throughout the week, US students will compete for class points, vying for the Roary Trophy to be awarded during the Pep Rally.
- Hallway Scavenger Hunt—Students hunt all week for small carnival themed trinkets around the building, that when found and deposited with Mrs. Smith equal points for the class.
- Hall Decorating Competition—Beginning on Monday, 9/11, students will deck the halls. Hall decor should be complete by Monday, 9/18 at first bell. Judging will occur on Monday, 9/18 by noon.
- Car Decorating Competition—Students who register to participate in the Homecoming Parade can compete for Best Decorated to receive points for the Spirit Prize.
US Girls’ Powder Puff Game
Friday, Sept. 22, 2:30-3:20 PM (Sports Fields)
With Rev. Farish as the head referee, we’ll have multiple matchups to enjoy!
US Movie Under the Stars
Thurs., Sept. 21, 7:30-9:30 PM
Current CHA US students can bring a blanket for the lawn to catch Madagascar 3 under the stars. S’mores and firepits included! Cost: $5/student
US Homecoming Dance
Saturday, 9/23, 7:00-10:00 PM
Come for an evening of carnival-themed fun and prize giveaways, plus walking tacos, cotton candy, a popcorn bar, and snow cones! Cost: $35/student
US Girls’ Volleyball
Friday, Sept. 22
Varsity 5:30 PM / JV 6:30 PM
vs. Lycee Francais
US Boys’ Soccer
Friday, Sept. 22
Main Field (east side of campus)
vs. Westlake Christian
Families should feel free to bring their own chairs to watch the soccer game.